Fuck this day... So we woke up a bit late and didn't get started on buying tools (welder, mask, cutting blade, grinding wheel, etc.) and picking up some metal until around 11am. After we picked up all that we needed we dropped by the junkyard to see if there was anything of value and for the most part just took our time. By the time we finally got to the house it was around 4pm. We started to mate the bellhousing to the T5, when we ran into an issue, it didn't work. Either I forgot and didn't take care of it, or I wasn't told that the only way the adapter plate will work is if we modify the bellhousing.
I wasn't too pleased with this, and in all reality I am getting real fed up with running into these fucking set-backs at nearly every turn. Martin and I decided that since we don't have all the time in the world, we should at least mock it up the best that we can and at least get the engine mounts welded in place. unfortunately we ran out of daylight before we could actually get the engine inside of the car, so it will be a project for tomorrow before the Super Bowl.
For now here are some shots for your viewing pleasure
--oh yeah Martin bought a 18" machete, aka small sword, that he painted black for "tactical reasons."
This is the gap is the reason that we are going to have to fudge the transmission mount for now...
more on this tomorrow...
-'till next time