A bit of an update...
Due to my last post of happiness, and actually getting visual progress, I had a new found rush of working on my car again. As such I worked on my car on Saturday with the hope that I would be able to make a transmission mount as well as see how much I had to cut off of my driveshaft to make it fit.
But before any of that could be done we had to get some sim racing in
The next morning I made a quick run to the hardware store and picked up the required metal, bolts, and nuts. After a short bit of hammering, heating, and drilling I created a transmission mount. After final fit was done on the chassis I made a couple more holes into the chassis and bolted it all up.
Now it was time to see how much I was either going to have to cut off or add to the driveshaft to make it work...
So I bolted in the driveshaft...
And BOOM!!! YESSS!!!
Seriously only about 1/16" from being where it was from the factory! Soooooo incredible. Now all that is needed is to find a U-joint that will convert the Datsun size to the Mustang size and I will be golden!
This week will be spend re-researching what I will need to finish the car and hopefully within the month I will be finished; actually I want to be finished by the 26th so that I can enter into open header night and roll around town being fucking loud, but we will see if that is actually possible.
-'till next time